I have studied Gary Craig’s videos for hundreds of hours and am still amazed at the simplicity of his brilliant successes. Something I have noticed, but is not often mentioned is the constant succession of trans-derivational searches that Gary encourages. He is having the person do these inner searches all the time.
Trans-derivational Search (TDS) Definition: ‘the process of searching back through one’s stored memories and mental representations to find the reference experience from which a current behavior or response was derived’ (Dilts, 1990).
Back to “QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS” or continue reading this article.
“These ‘Gary Craig Questions’ lead to trans-derivational searches:
- What is the intensity on a scale of 1 to 10? (Every time he asks about intensity, that’s another search.)
- How is the pain now?
- Gary repeats the description, using many of the same words, and asks if that is correct.
- He gives a choice of emotions for the person to choose.
- He says that he wants to be accurate in describing the emotional discomfort, and confirms that he is accurate.
- Gary often touches or points to the parts of the body that is described.
- Movie technique….
- How long would the movie be?
- Give it a title
- Imagine sitting in a movie theater and watching it
- If you had to tell the story, what do you think your intensity would be?
- Imagine it brighter, in other colors, sizes, etc.
- Try to get your emotion up.
- He says something, and then asks, “Is that accurate?”
- He repeats the exact words the person used, many times. (Causes a TDS each time.)
- He tests for a reaction many times. (Try it again. Is it different now?)
- He pauses and hesitates often,
- He shows that he is thinking about the next thing to try.
- He offers the client the option of what to work on next.
- We can work on whichever memory you choose.
- Which foot should we concentrate on?
- He is constantly asking about the changes in emotional and physical pain,
- He asks for a description and for SUDs levels after most rounds of tapping.
I wrote the ebook with more than 276 Trans-derivational Questions. The questions asked by the EFT Masters.
Results oriented EFT Coaching
For serious relief from chronic pain